Welcome to the online home of Kyla Rowland. Thank you for visiting today.
Please take some time and look around at the new layout and features of our site.
God Bless You!
**Updated April 4th**
**Updated March 25th**
- A new installment from “Sarah Mason”has been added!
Click on the name above (highlighted in purple) to read.
- A new installment Songwriting Segment has been added. Click on the “Writing Info” tab to read.
Women’s Mountain Retreat Schedule
Thursday evening August 24th @ 7:30pm
Friday evening August 25th @ 7:30pm
Saturday morning August 26th @ 9:30am
**Updated: March 1, 2017**
(Listed in Order Of Importance)
- One must have a God-given gift, talent, appointing, calling…there are many names for it, but all—every gift comes from Him. Proverbs says that our gift will bring us before great men—a gift, cultivated and treasured can take you places you never dreamed.
- I don’t expect you to absorb and grasp all that is here concerning the writing of songs, but it will be here for you when you’re ready. Right now, I encourage you to begin falling in love with “words.” It won’t take long at all before you realize the power, the beauty of words and how they impact our lives, so be as wise, as prudent as possible when penning your own words from your heart and your mind.
- The Basic/Fundamentals of Songwriting
- Read, read, read—but only really good poems, books and songs from really good writers. When you see a words or phrase that really speaks to you, write it down! Believe me, you won’t remember it and you will be upset with yourself the next day or the next week that you didn’t catalogue—on paper. On your phone? IPad? Maybe, but electronic devises have been known to fail—PAPER is forever!
- Take what you can, as you can, and as you begin to write you can use these truths as a guide.
- You were right: first, there has to be inspiration. This is true for all genres of music.
- You begin writing a song with whatever comes first—it may be a chorus, a verse, even a bridge:
- Writing a song is not bound by geography: The lyrics may come in the middle of a crowd, walking alone, in the bathtub…Sometimes lyrics come slowly, a line or two at a time. Other times, lyrics come so fast you can hardly get them down on paper. I’ve completed a song in as little as five minutes; I also have worked on a song for two years.
- NOTE: Everywhere you are night or day, have either pencil and paper, a digital recorder, or a cell with a good recorder—have one of these in reach at all times. You think you will remember some lyrics or melody lines—you won’t! It would be advantageous to know the number system; therefore, you could write the melody without a clue what key it needs to be in. And, I have written melodies long before I had lyrics for them.
- The average song, opera, the exception, will be made up of 12 lines, and, at times, a tag or bridge:
- Tag: Verse, Chorus, Verse, Chorus, Tag and End.
- Bridge: Verse, Chorus, Verse, Chorus, Bridge, return to the last one or two ending lines of your chorus.
- Not every song will be verse, chorus, verse, chorus, but every song will be a derivative of this structure.
A special message from Kyla about “Women’s Mountain Retreat 2017”
One of the most exciting things in knowing the Lord is when He speaks. He speaks to “you.” What a voice! We know His voice, so when he spoke about seven years ago that He wanted me to have a Ladies’ Retreat in Pigeon Forge I knew I had no choice, though, at that moment it seemed a little daunting.
Why do we always have that little fear that it’s too big for us? It’s not our job to get it done: He ordered it so He knew long before He mentioned it to me what and how things needed to be done; I just took direction and God did the rest!
Women’s Mountain Retreat has become one of the most anticipated events of the year for women!
We will come together again at the Music Road Hotel Convention Center this August 24, 25, & 26; some new speakers, new and beautiful moments of prayer because, for the fourth time, the “WALL OF PRAYER” is going up again in 2017! This time it will be different…I’ll be telling you all about it, in fact, I’ll be in touch every two weeks talking about Dr. Angeline Godwin who will be speaking for the first time in our retreat…about Barry Rowland, who has a testimony that will break and thrill your heart at the same time!
I hope, if it’s God’s will, you can also make plans to attend the Thursday evening Seminar: The subject is a question only you can answer: “What Will I Leave Behind?” We need to be reminded that God stores our prayers in vials and our tears in bottles…that’s how important they are to Him! The Truth is, they will be as powerful after we’re gone as the day we prayed those prayers and shed the tears we, as women, find running from our eyes so often. But not one tear is in vain when we shed them before our Father!
This year will be a year of some new things, some old things we always seem to love, and more than anything, the arrival of the presence of God, the Moving of the Holy Ghost and our eyes beholding, once again, a Cross, a Savior and a Grace we just can’t live without.
I love the women of God! I love those who have not yet made Him God of their lives and I have a deep compassion for the hurting.
Oh, how glorious to be a part of a meeting that was ordained by God, attended by God, and blessed by His big Hand!
**Updated: December 2, 2016**
A new installment of “The Shepherd’s Wife” has been added!
A Brand New Article… “Letters To The Remnant” is now available to read by CLICKING HERE!
A Brand New Article… “Why Trouble Ye The Woman” is now available to read by CLICKING HERE!